Sunday, September 23, 2012

Working in Seattle, 9-23-12

Howdy all!!  This is my 2nd week back home in Seattle after 2 months of sailing from Seattle to San Diego. I have 4 more weeks before returning to San Diego to prepare for departure for Mexico on 10-28-12.
View of downtown Seattle
Sunset over 2 stadiums with Puget Sound in distance

I was able to work every day last week, including, Saturday as an on-call Physical Therapist at the Seattle VA hospital. Since I didnt work the previous week, I worked very hard to earn money. I worked 10 to 11 hour days for 6 days in a row. I commuted by bike and bus all but 1 of those days which takes 90-120 minutes each way, so I was leaving home at 6 am and returning home at 9pm. Long days but I actually enjoyed being productive and working with the patients and my coworkers.

"Bike Commuter Ken"

I didnt get much else done this week due to working  long hours. I still have a long list of boat stuff to get ready for my return to San Diego. The big project is to add mounts to a solar panel I hope to take back with me and add to my arsenal of green energy.
View from my bus stop of train station and stadiums(look for the moon)

One patient last week was so excited about my sailing stories and this blog that he is looking forward to reading about the trip and future stories. As I told him, I really enjoy sharing Mariah's adventures with all who are interested and those who get just as excited about the cruising experience as I do. So I dedicate this Blog entry to all those who dream of sailing!!!

Feel free to send comments. I hope it works.

Cheers,
Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment