Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Good Life in San Diego

Glorious Glorieta Bay Sunset


After departing Ensenada in the morning, we arrived in San Diego after one overnight sail.  My timing was bad because I had to hang out outside the San Diego Harbor entrance for several hours waiting for daylight to make a safe entrance.  It was an uncomfortable rolly night due to large mixed swells.  A large Coast Guard cutter politely asked for my information by radio about dawn and then let me go.  I pulled into the police dock and step foot on US soil and called US customs to clear me in.

I spent the night at the public marina nearby and then moved to Mission Bay early the next day.  It was a busy weekend due to Memorial weekend.  Brittanny came over in her boar and met friends later.  Andy came by and spent the weekend visiting too.  I stayed at Mission Bay through Tue then move to Glorieta Bay adjacent to Coronado Island.  Ive been anchored here ever since.  Ive surfed a few time in the small surf and have been arranging for trucking Mariah back to Seattle.  I had a nice visit with an old friend Mirelle and her extremely cute daughter Avalon and then later sailed with my cousin Katy.

Below are recent photos.

Cheers,
Ken

My last sunset at sea...for now

Tattered Mexico flag

Mariah at the public marina next to Craig and Sisi's beautiful 50' cruiser

The Haha Crew minus James in Mission Bay

Pacific Beach sunset (next to Mission Bay anchorage)

Pacific Beach beachfront

M
Mission Bay anchorage - 72 hour limit

Gourmet BBQ at Andy's Dad's San Diego home

Mirelle and Avalon


Cousin Katy


No comments:

Post a Comment